Many parents in Langwarrin often wonder if letting their children attend kindergarten is so important.
Yet, parents commonly agree that children become more curious about almost anything as they develop and grow. This natural curiosity needs a learning outlet as soon as possible.
It is to this end that makes kindergarten, Langwarrin crucial to support the early childhood development of children. The importance of kindergarten during the formative years of a child cannot be overstated.
The structured and safe environment provided by a quality kindergarten stimulates the brain development and growth of children in fun and exciting ways.
Here’s why kindergarten is so important:
Important for a child’s growth and development
The play-based education programs and structured environment offered by quality kindergarten are vital for a child’s growth and development. Early numeracy and literacy are reinforced by professionally trained educators and teachers.
Children exposed to early learning helps to foster in them a lifetime love for learning. This firm early learning foundation helps in their educational journey and beyond.
The fun and exciting play activities provided by a quality kindergarten program help children learn as they play.
Numbers are not the only things learned in kindergarten
Children attending kindergarten get the chance to form lasting friendships with peers of the same age. Forming friendships at an early age plays a crucial role in the emotional and social development of children.
Being able to interact with peers and adults in kindergarten teaches important behavioural values such as cooperation, confidence, respect, overall wellbeing, and empathy. The natural egocentric behaviour of children and the positive guidance provided by kindergarten develops lifelong emotional and social skills.
Play-acting and play time are some of the stimulating activities that teach children to numeracy and literacy, cooperativeness, and communication. Exploration and learning passions are ignited in children with the support of a safe and caring environment.
Positive transition to formal schooling
Many studies found that the transition to formal schooling is smoother when children attend kindergarten. Children are also ready emotionally, socially, and intellectually to face the rigours of primary schooling with kindergarten access.
Many primary schools today make kindergarten schooling one of their admission requirements. It is because children with no prior kindergarten exposure have a harder time catching up with social, emotional, and literacy teachings in the primary grade.
Enhance children’s development
The design of quality kindergarten programs helps to enhance children’s development, including:
- Teach children to become effective communicators. The early language immersion of children in kindergarten teaches them new vocabulary words they won’t otherwise learn in the home.
- A strong sense of identity is taught and learned by children during their kindergarten years. The opportunities to explore their relationships and feelings during kindergarten allow children to become more independent.
- Teaches children to become involved and confident learners. The kindergarten program that encourages children to explore and investigate helps to enhance confidence and self-worth.
- Encourages children to connect with their community. Learning more about the heritage, environment, and cultures of other people helps children to connect and contribute to the community and the world.
- A strong sense of wellbeing in children is fostered during kindergarten. The various learning opportunities provided in kindergarten teach children to become resilient and well-adjusted.
The importance of early learning cannot be overstated. Contact Alto Early Learning Montessori Kindergarten to know more.