Childcare sounds like a simple term that seems to have become highly popular with working parents. However, the term childcare falls under a huge umbrella term covering a wide range of options and types of caring for a child while parents are away at work.
In Darwin, Darwin childcare means a place where kids are dropped off during the workday for them to learn and socialise under supervised care. Yet, Darwin childcare offers various options and types for parents to choose from.
Darwin Childcare can be an in-home care, full-time facility-based learning centre, part-time childcare, or even a high-end preschool setting. The huge options provided by the various forms and types of childcare can understandably muddle the minds of parents.
However, the silver lining to childcare is that no matter the type of childcare parents choose, the child ultimately benefits. It should be noted, however, that choosing the best childcare is the best way to make a child thrive.
Various options and types of childcare
Knowing the various options and types of Darwin childcare helps parents decide the best one for their children.
- Children ages 3-5 are provided a learning environment that focuses on acquiring classroom skills and kindergarten readiness
- Offers children an opportunity to socialise with peers
- Preschool caregivers usually have some early childhood education credits
- Regulated and licensed by the state
- A day in a preschool setting usually takes around two to three hours either in the morning or afternoon. Parents with flexible working hours benefit from letting their children attend preschool.
Day Care Facilities
- Part-time or full-time reliable childcare
- Typically located in standalone facilities, a daycare offers qualified child care providers
- Provides a great environment for children to learn from other children, play with peers, and learn from providers and peers
- Provides a regulated structure for children to learn new things through numerous activities
- Operate within the working schedules of parents
- Accepts a variety of ages
- Provides a preschool curriculum that is play-based learning
Co-op Day Care
- A group of parents can set up this kind of childcare wherein caring for their various children are equally divided among them
- The setting can either be in one of the homes, a rented facility, or other places comfortable for all parents
- Allows parents to take part in planning and implementing playtime and curriculum activities for the children
- A learning centre based on the schedule of the various involved parents
- Allows different-aged siblings to stay together
In-Home Day Care
- Homes of private providers is the typical setting of in-home day care
- Functions more like a family setting wherein a small group of young children of all ages are allowed to play and socialise under supervised care
- The schedule of activities for children are more flexible that may mean playtime can be unstructured
- Less expensive option compared to a day care facility
- Offers part-time or full-time child care
- Operating hours usually follow work schedules of parents
The endless childcare possibilities can make the search tough for parents. However, scientific studies all agree that choosing the childcare that works for both parents and children benefits all. Parents only need to remember to choose only reputable childcare facilities when the time comes for them to make a choice. Contact us at Insight Early Learning and Childcare in Darwin for more details and information.